Saturday, October 29, 2016
3:00 – 4:30pm
Mark your calendar because you won’t want to miss this! Everyone is invited – bring a friend! This annual St. Paul’s tradition is a great, safe way to help our children celebrate Halloween.
It takes a lot of trunks to make a great Trunk or Treat event, so we want to invite everyone to consider decorating your trunk, stocking up on treats, and joining in the fun of parking lot Trunk or Treating. Plan on treats for about 200, but don’t worry, we’ll have some emergency “refills” in case you run out.Yes, I want to join the fun by being a trunk, providing treats, or getting more info on ways to help out!
There will be prizes! If you volunteer to be a trunk you could win:
- Best Decorated Trunk
- Best Costume for a Family
- Best Costume for a Couple
- Best Individual Costume (Male AND Female)
No idea how to decorate a trunk, you say? We’ve got you covered.
- Find some shag carpeting, an old mirror ball and a couple of tie dyed t-shirts and come with a 70s theme. Or find a poodle skirt and lots of vinyl record albums and you could come with a 50s theme! Wear a mullet and get some cassette tapes….you get the idea.
- Choose a sports theme and decorate your trunk with Jayhawks, Wildcats, or Tigers…maybe even highlight the Royals or the Chiefs. The kids will love it.
- Choose a biblical theme! Find your favorite bible story and use your trunk as the backdrop and you and your family dress the part! (Spoiler alert: One of last year’s winners came as Noah and his wife and their car came as the ark!)
- Choose your favorite Mother Goose rhyme or children’s book and decorate your trunk with characters from that story.
- Be a zookeeper and fill your trunk with stuffed animals OR be a beekeeper and create a hive out of your trunk.
- Go for a beach theme complete with sand, boogie boards and beach towels. Wear your bathing suit over your clothes. The kids will love that!
- Use a movie theme and turn your trunk into Monsters University or outfit it with minions from Despicable Me. Don’t forget good old favorites like Pirates of the Caribbean…aaarrgh!
- Switch it up and put your car in costume! Let your car come as one of the CARS or a big bunny rabbit. Turn your car into a lion or a shark with your trunk being its mouth…don’t forget the sharp teeth!
For more information, contact Dia Montgomery, email@example.com.