Join us for this special Sunday at St. Paul’s!
Come at your regular (or irregular) worship time and participate in a special, abbreviated worship service that will lead us into our activities for the morning. Regular Sunday School won’t meet so that parents and kids have the opportunity to serve together.
You’ll see a table in the Narthex dedicated to Servant Sunday with sign-ups for the activities that require them, and a change jar for donations to Stop Hunger Now (SHN); .29¢ provides one meal. You can also sign up online for meal-packaging or clean-up.
Other ways to serve:
- Provide some of the materials needed for projects, listed below. Please bring items to church by Sunday, February 19.
- Help underwrite the cost of our meal packaging project. Donate online using the Stop Hunger Now category or write a check with Stop Hunger Now on the memo line.
Materials list for Servant Sunday projects
Please bring items to church by Sunday, February 19. These will be used to package Health Kits (to be distributed through UMCOR for disaster relief); create shelter pet beds, toys, and treats; and to write note cards to service members and seniors.
- Hand towels at least 15″ x 25″ or larger. No kitchen towels or microfiber cloths.
- Metal nail files (no emery boards)
- Bath soap
- Regular size band-aids
- Boxes of gallon size ziplock bags for packaging
- Blank greeting cards (or with messages appropriate for service members or seniors)
- Jars of peanut butter
- 3-skein sets of matching yarn for knit/crochet projects
- Medium size Milk Bone dog biscuits
- Fleece fabric for pet beds; 1-yard or larger pieces as is OR prepared as follows:
- Cut fleece fabric into approximately 30″ x 36″ pieces, stacked by 2 layers
- Cut a 4″ x 4″ square out of each corner, then cut 1″ strips from corner to corner 4″ long, still attached to blanket on the short side. Do this all the way around. Make a loop with a top and bottom strip, tie a knot, repeat all the way around.
- Keep the cut out squares to make cat toys; other scraps can be used for toys as well
Contact: Pastor Sandra, email@example.com