Online Worship Guide
During this time of physical distancing we’re worshiping together on Facebook Live on Sundays at 10:00 a.m. Here are some resources to help you feel connected with your St. Paul’s family while you participate from home. Services are also available later on our YouTube channel.
- Read and reflect on this week’s scripture
- Prepare a space for worship where you can focus on connecting with God and others who are worshiping with you online. You may want to have a candle ready to light for prayer time, bring in some fresh flowers, have your Bible nearby, and turn off other electronic devices.
- Introduce yourselves and say hello to one another. We’ll be starting the livestream ten minutes ahead of time (9:50 a.m.) to help us all get settled in our spaces and feel the presence of God and one another.
- Be ready to sing and pray together! Depending on how you’re accessing the stream (on your TV, phone, laptop, etc.) you may want to pull up or print the bulletin ahead of time to follow along with the words, otherwise we’ll be putting them in the comments.
- Like, love, comment, reply to other comments…participate to the extent you’re willing and able! We love knowing you’re there with us.
- We encourage you to share selfies of you in your worship space in the comments!
- Register your attendance (link will also be in the livestream post).
- Have your credit card or check ready so you can make your financial gift online to St. Paul’s. We will have our normal offering time, and that will give you a chance to be intentional and prayerful about your giving back to God. Now is an especially important time to consider setting up recurring contributions if you’re able. You can also text your gift to 1-913-956-0436. Make checks payable to SPUMC and mail to St. Paul’s UMC, PO Box 14342, Lenexa, KS 66285. If you have questions please contact St. Paul’s Financial Secretary.