February 11 • 8:15, 9:30 & 11:00am • @ St. Paul’s
Join us for our second annual Servant Sunday at St. Paul’s! This all-ages day of service allows us to serve the community as a community. Come at your regular time for an abbreviated worship service leading us into our projects for the morning. Our partners this year are:
- Rise Against Hunger, an international hunger relief organization that distributes food to the world’s most vulnerable and food insecure
- Project Patricia makes cloth, reusable feminine hygiene products for women and girls in Africa
- The Giving Brick, a Kansas City-based organization collecting used LEGO bricks to give to kids in need
- KC Pet Project, an organization whose purpose is to facilitate the placement of homeless pets into suitable homes
- Harvesters, a regional food bank serving a 26-county area of northwestern Missouri and northeastern Kansas
- Community Blood Center, receiving donations of blood and coordinating its availability to hospitals
- Meals on Wheels provides delivered meals to frail and elderly homebound residents, age 60+ and their spouse
- Hands of Love, a ministry of St. Paul’s UMC providing knit/crocheted caps for preemies, scarves for homeless persons, and prayer shawls to those in our congregation
Ready to get involved?
We’ll need supplies for some of the projects, and some require sign-up in advance. Follow the links to find out more and get started!
- Sewing machines
- Dog biscuits (medium & large)
- Peanut butter w/o xylitol
- Cotton fabric
- Terry cloth towels (used or new)
- Underwear: Women’s small or children’s size 14
- Decorative supplies for bags (stickers, markers, card stock, colored paper, stamps, etc.)
- Vacuum cleaners to use for cleanup
Sign up for an activity:
- Arrive at 7:00a.m. to help unload #50 bags of rice (lower level parking lot)
- Prepare and package nutritious meals with Rise Against Hunger
- Sort and package Legos to give to kids in need with The Giving Brick
- Assemble and sew feminine hygiene products for women and girls in Africa with Project Patricia
- Make pet toys and treats for shelter pets with KC Pet Project
- Knit and crochet to comfort those in need with Hands of Love, a ministry of St. Paul’s
- Decorate meal bags for Meals on Wheels recipients
- Make cards to be placed in bags of food with Harvesters
- Help with clean-up from 12:00-1:00p.m.
Reserve a time to donate blood:
The Community Blood Center’s mobile unit will be in the upper parking lot from 9:00a.m. – 1:00p.m. You can save a life with your donation.
Follow-up on Last Year’s Event
In 2017, over 300 people participated in projects benefitting well over 20,000 lives in our community and around the world. One of our most popular activities was packing meals for Rise Against Hunger, an international hunger relief organization that distributes food and life-changing aid to the world’s most vulnerable, mobilizing the necessary resources to end hunger by 2030. Our goal in 2017 was to package 10,000 meals. Our actual count was 20,756 meals! And we received word earlier this year that our meals were part of a container totaling 285,120 meals, which were sent to a Rise Against Hunger in-country partner, Convoy of Hope in Honduras. How wonderful to know that our efforts on Servant Sunday 2017 made a difference to brothers and sisters in Honduras. We can’t wait to do it again!
CONTACT: Pastor Sandra, email@example.com or
Amy Rhodes, firstname.lastname@example.org